Bonus: it’s packed with body-boosting ingredients.
140g (1 cup) raw almonds
180g (1 1/2) cups raw pecans
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
350g (2 cups) pitted medjool dates
Coconut oil for greasing the pan.
450g (2 1/2 cups) raw cashews (soaked for at least 6 hours or overnight)
40g cacao butter
30g cacao powder
1 shot of espresso
120ml Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee
60g coconut oil (leave out to soften)
120g maple syrup
Pinch of salt.
Optional toppings: mixed berries and cacao nibs.
- Place the almonds and pecans into a food processor and blitz until the nuts are in small chunks (don’t over process into a fine powder).
- Add in the cacao, vanilla and salt and blitz for a few seconds.
- Add the dates and blitz until the mix is well combined. You are looking for a dough like consistency.
- Using a small amount of coconut oil grease an 8” round cake tin. Press the mix into the base of the tin and ensure it is evenly spread. Flatten down and place into the freezer whilst you work on the filling.
- In your food processor blitz the cashews for 2 minutes until broken down.
- Add the cacao butter, cacao powder, espresso, cold brew coffee, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and blend for 6-8 minutes until fully combined. You’re looking for a really smooth and creamy consistency. Watch your food processor to ensure it doesn’t over heat.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the filling over the base. Ensure that the base is evenly covered.
- Return the cake to the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with optional toppings and slice accordingly. Always serve cold. Store in the fridge.
Know someone who’ll love this dessert? Share this article with them! Click the Facebook icon on the top of the page.